Hello, all! It’s been a little while since my last update; I apologize for that. I’d like to say that real-life stuff got in the way during that aforementioned while. And it did, to a degree; time I would’ve spent writing I was instead preparing a package for my mortgage company as I deal with the aftermath of over 2 years of unemployment.
But then I dusted off my Playstation Portable and a couple of games I was playing about 2 years ago during that period of unemployment and never finished (strange that I didn’t when I had all that “free time). And so that’s what I’ve been doing the past week or so.
Anyway, it’s good to be back, even if only to let y’all know I’m still here and and still Heroclixin’. Look for a new Top Ten list next week. As a lead-in, here’s a Top Ten list of HeroClix things I’m thankful for:
10. That the game’s back from the dead. I never take that for granted.
9. Traits. This game mechanic, while sometimes overpowering, has really opened the doors wide on dial design and made the game more fun than ever.
8. The Modern Age format. It’s great not to have to worry about feats and BFCs.
7. New franchises besides Marvel and DC. I’m definitely in the camp of “the more the merrier” in HeroClix.
6. Lots of new product besides full sets. Don’t get me wrong; I love full sets. But the Fast Forces and Gravity Feeds are just a little easier on my wallet.
5. No price increase this year. Again, my wallet thanks you.
4. A ridiculous streak of chase figs pulled in sealed games. At one venue I frequent, I’ve pulled a chase in the past three sealed tournaments, making me a winner even though I’ve tended to finish pretty much dead last in all three.
3. Other ‘clix forums like HC Realms and Pojo.com. A lot of you came here from those sites and I love ’em, too. I’ve made some great friends both virtual and real-life through them.
2. Plenty of venues in my area. Atlanta is blessed with a pretty good clix scene if you don’t mind doing a bit of driving. And I don’t mind doing a bit of driving.
1. You, the readers of Heroclixin’!
My thankfulness here may be a bit overshadowed by next week’s list, so I definitely wanted to stay on a positive note here. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, fellow Americans, and have F.U.N. Heroclixin’!