Sorry for getting this up so late. Technical and scheduling difficulties.
She was never a great favorite of mine, even though I’m a big fan of married characters in comics. (Hmmm. Maybe there’s a subject for another blog.) Her HeroClix version seemed overpowered andshe was dead, anyway.
But then she came back in the wake of Secret Invasion, and I happened upon the miniseries “New Avengers: The Reunion” in which Hawkeye and Mockingbird come to terms with the state of their relationship. Wonderful series, and one that shows that the Veteran Mockingbird absolutely could deserve her HeroClix dial, especially in this scene:
I wanted to update my Mockingbird to match. Here’s how I did it:
- Cut away LexCorp Security’s overcoat.
- Tried to glue it to V Mockingbird.
- Simply didn’t work.
- Fortunately, I had a GAMBIT figure left over from an earlier Black Widow project.
- Dismantled GAMBIT, removing his head, arms and legs, leaving only his coat.
- Cut away excess coat to fit Mockingbird’s back.
- Filed down Mockingbird’s mask and boot tops.
- Glued coat to back.
- Repainted entire figure in blue and white and yellow acrylic paint.
- Used thick glue to build knee pads.
- Painted knees and forearms in silver enamel.
Completed early 2011.
NEXT WEEK: A small hero’s biggest version gets into big-boy clothes.